Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: ZLE Vi-mode: visual mode selection doesn't match the characters highlighted
- X-seq: zsh-users 24354
- From: Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-users@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: ZLE Vi-mode: visual mode selection doesn't match the characters highlighted
- Date: Thu, 17 Oct 2019 17:23:57 +0200
- Authentication-results: amavisd4.gkg.net (amavisd-new); dkim=pass (2048-bit key) header.d=yahoo.co.uk
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.co.uk; s=s2048; t=1571325839; bh=9FNTE/sAUmvEWzySxajwGgyOQoQA0FY5vr3GAkonwIs=; h=From:References:To:Subject:Date:From:Subject; b=k7D4RkhoLnyBLMS9CB6P+hWIN0IN4z4M5/qmjT/i6s8ZEplQKgS+qN0Pzf6fbS37Yk0CjH3e15F+g+wbaDK15W/ZUFf50E/Mf4VZiaYzCMd0efb/x4Vd0K5MiuNbTOmJS7hSHevKvvsYpTc3UjDbxPiFcUtZOH4qBZT2aqHmu5fwq3Z1Sgbx4+9nnhQe+SDupIiGxiEPjbcRTRciEojLJSIHDWxYattRD15qiYqUOKfW6Uj/t4oIMu7gLpCP/RuwaTHNikp5roKxbALiprbZM56rg6m2RFcZmVnUcskwNZTzLw5uDbeYWxiMdMY8mtCE1uV3AF4O3iN3tUmh4Dd3WQ==
- In-reply-to: <20191017105155.tshgdwg2m5wwoinm@NUX>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Users List <zsh-users.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-users-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <20191012150611.rwjwhbiqpvwla656@NUX> <11565-1570953731.113937@7Hja.mAXg.cCYH> <20191013110016.pdkjrobevpxkqx6e@NUX> <68873-1571254670.273502@yOop.8xvF.viEb> <20191017105155.tshgdwg2m5wwoinm@NUX>
Doron Behar wrote:
> I'm glad Oliver that you are attending _this_ issue as well but I'd like
> to deal with it at that GitHub thread
> (https://github.com/zsh-users/zsh-syntax-highlighting/issues/637), as I
> don't feel it's related and focus here on the _cursor's_ character's
Pull request #638 there addresses that issue. I was able to reproduce
that problem once I tried with a double-quoted (and hence highlighted)
string. I had missed that detail before. Would be good if you could give
that some testing - I don't use the plugin.
Seems ugly that they have to reproduce the builtin highlighting. The
region_highlight feature could do with a way to layer entries and to
tell which belong to which plugin.
> > We could perhaps use some hooks for when visual mode is invoked and
> > finished.
> Yea I can use `zle-keymap-select` in the meantime...
Except that doesn't trigger for local keymaps like visual.
> > Whatever highlighting is chosen, there will be some terminal
> > setup for which it is not ideal and somebody who complains.
> I hope I've demonstrated good enough that this is not a terminal
> emulator issue, it's an issue of a non blinking cursor. Hence, I think
> my complain is legitimate.
Yes, I agree that it is legitimate. But I don't see what you'd change in
the code other than the default colours. The effect as I understand it
is just as I originally described: the cursor reversing the highlighting
to give you back the defaults. I think vim's defaults amount to
zle_highlight=( region:bg=white,fg=black )
Messages sorted by: