Re: zsh built in help features

On 17 Oct 2019, at 19:28, Perry Smith <pedz@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Apple must not have something set up right.  I’ll go find the run-help
> script and see if I can fix it.

run-help is an alias for man by default. You need to run this (add it to your
zshrc if you like):

  unalias run-help
  autoload -Uz run-help

Then the function will be called instead.

This is documented in zshcontrib, and in the comments for run-help itself.

PS: I haven't updated to Catalina yet, but in the zsh shipped with Mojave
Apple apparently misconfigured their @runhelpdir@, so in order to get it to
work there you also had to set like HELPDIR=/usr/share/zsh/5.3/help. You might
need to do the same in Catalina if it doesn't Just Work after loading it

dana