Re: What's the reasoning behind z & s returning nular for empty input?

On Sat, 9 Nov 2019 at 09:22, Roman Perepelitsa
<roman.perepelitsa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 9, 2019 at 9:11 AM Sebastian Gniazdowski
> <sgniazdowski@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > Thanks for the analysis. The additional problem is that quoted but
> > @-lacking s-flag should still elide the empty elements, as the manual
> > states. So this is an intentional exception and I wonder why it has
> > been added?
>
> Here's the passage from zshexpn:

Yes, I was also referring to this fragment, however it states that the
empty elements should be removed, and even – that they should be
removed more eagerly, so I still wonder why produce a nular for an
empty input?

--
Sebastian Gniazdowski
News: https://twitter.com/ZdharmaI