Several modules can only be used dynamically?

Hello,

I use a static build (toolchain without any support for dl-open) of
zsh, and I just found out that I am missing the zsh/regex Module even
though configure found all buildtime requirements.
Looking at the source it seems that this and several other modules are
only allowed to me built dynamically.

Is this the intention? If this is some License issue, then first I am
using musl (which should not add any issues) and second its a private
build for internal use.
The shell should be dropped into a production system for development,
so there is a desire to not touch anything or depend on anything.

I was able to build zsh with a static zsh/regex after editing the
offending line
sed -e 's,echo dynamic,echo either,' -i zsh/Src/Modules/regex.mdd

Norbert