Re: [ANN] zsh-bin: statically-linked, hermetic, relocatable zsh

On 2020-04-05 9:45 a.m., Roman Perepelitsa wrote:
On Sun, Apr 5, 2020 at 6:39 PM Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
One thing still seems to be missing and that's 'man'.
Have you used the installation instructions I've posted? `man zsh`
works for me when I use them. And run-help works, too.
Yes, reinstalled as indicated:

$ wget https://raw.githubusercontent.com/romkatv/zsh-bin/master/install
$ ./install -d /aWorking/Zsh/Zsh-5.8

'man' was working but it was the old files, which I then deleted.

   autoload -Uz run-help
   unalias run-help
   run-help typeset

This opens help for `typeset`.

That works, however:

$man zsh

does not work.  However if I cd into the new '.../Zsh-5.8/man/man1' directory and:

$ man ./zsh.1

... it finds it fine.  But I must specify the directory.  I'm not really surprised since 'man' naturally wants to find things in the normal place.  I've just copied the files to /usr/share/man/man1 and everything is fine, so this is no issue really, but if I could have both 'man' and 'run-help' using the same files in the same directory that would be nice, tho hardly important.  I still have my habits from
the days of 10MB hard drives of wanting to remove surplus files is all.

It's all so compact now Roman, IMHO this is so much easier and more understandable.