Re: Why are prompt expansions of %v sequences quoted in bindkey style?

I missed that a 2nd expansion was needed in my example, but that is easy to work around.

However, the quoting seems to make it impossible to use $psvar for anything involving control characters.

Is there no way to work around this?

I would like to find a solution that does not involve promptsubst.