Re: Problem with user function

Close, Ray, but not quite.

On Fri, Feb 23, 2024 at 10:16 AM Ray Andrews <rayandrews@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> On 2024-02-23 09:49, Duke Normandin wrote:
>
> > .zshrc:92: defining function based on alias `ls'

That message means that the thing on the LEFT side of the empty parens
() refers to an alias, not that something inside the function does.

> > .zshrc:92: parse error near `()'

And that one means that whatever the alias expanded into, was not a
syntactically valid function name, so it can't have () after it.

> Somewhere oh-my-zsh has aliased 'ls'

That part you got right.  Generally speaking any inquiry that begins
with "After installing .oh-my-zsh," should be directed to an oh-my-zsh
forum before coming here.