Re: Problem with user function

On 2024-02-23 10:31, Roman Perepelitsa wrote:
You can't have an alias like that inside a function.
You can. Try it.
This is basically a dead issue now, but trying it is exactly what I did:

% alias X='echo howdy'; Y() { X }
zsh: defining function based on alias `Y'
zsh: parse error near `()'

... but maybe that's not exactly the same thing.  I just noticed the same messages.

BTW, interesting that his problem was solved by adding 'function' -- I though that was always optional, but in this case the parser seems to care.

Roman.