Re: Why would I use .namespace.myvar?

On 2024-03-10 13:08, Bart Schaefer wrote:

Given all this uncertainty and that we're already more than 2 years
past the 5.9 release, I'd rather get the tractable parts out there
sooner.
I thought I'd be able to pick it up as the thread progressed, but I still have no idea what a namespace even is.  It sure sounds complicated.  I keep seeing structures because of the dots but I know that's not the case.  In a sentence or two, what is a namespace and why do we want it?  But I do remember vaguely that I once had a question where the future solution was going to be just that.  BTW interesting to learn that ksh is still in active development, I thought it was on ice, like bash.