Re: egrep --color=always 'zsh\.'

On 2024-04-02 20:42, Mark J. Reed wrote:
On Tue, Apr 2, 2024 at 4:14 PM Lawrence Velázquez <larryv@xxxxxxx> wrote:
Please refrain from referring to zsh as "she".  The shell is neither a woman nor a ship.

That is a ridiculous request.  We use gendered pronouns for inanimate objects all the time in English; it's purely a stylistic flourish, by no means limited to ships. Please refrain from telling others how to express themselves.
--
Mark J. Reed <markjreed@xxxxxxxxx>
In my case I refer to the shell in the feminine because she captivates me but I don't understand her, and often I don't know what she wants nor how to keep her happy.  However this is the most rancor-free forum I've ever been on so whatever keeps the peace.  Besides, Lawrence has helped me a hundred times so I 'owe him'.