ISO Latin [12] characters and zsh

Hello,

I cannot type ISO Latin-[1|2] characters at the prompt of zsh. I was
told that it's impossible to type in these extra characters - is it true?

The problem is not serious, only my curiosity... :-)

Best regards,
Jozsef Kadlecsik
-
                                           Address: P.O.B 49 Budapest
                                                    1525 Hungary
Hungarian Academy of Sciences              Phone  : +36 (1) 169 9499
Central Research Institute for Physics     Fax    : +36 (1) 169 6567
                                           E-mail : kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                    kadlec@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx