configuration under Linux

Under Linux, using libc 5.0.9. (the major version number is probably
important), the configure script does not find the lstat() routine.
This is because it is not present in the library, but defined as a
static inline routine in a header file (sys/stat.h).  This has the
unfortunate consequence that zsh can no longer find symbolic links,
like in "ls *(@)".

I suppose the remedy would be to somehow have configure's test program
include <sys/stat.h> if available.  This is hardly a generic solution,
though, as similar problems can arise for other routines.  But that is
an issue I should probably raise with the autoconf maintainers.

Anyway, at least please mention this in Etc/MACHINES.  The manual fix
is of course to define HAVE_LSTAT in config.h after running configure.

Bas.