Re: list-expand fix and a bug report

>> Zoltan Hidvegi(ZH) wrote on Fri, 21 Jul 1995 20:29:30 +0100 (MET DST):
[...]
ZH> The patch below fixes all of these bugs and even some more:

Zoltan--

Do any of these patches for 10.1 (or 10+ for that matter) fix this:

>> Mark Borges(mb) wrote on Mon, 17 Jul 95 14:50:50 MDT:
mb> Are you seeing this?

mb> Somewhere between hzoli9 and hzoli10.1 <TAB> completion inside a for
mb> control structure doesn't work. For example,

mb> $ ~/bin/sparc/zsh-2.6h9 -f
mb> bjerknes% echo $ZSH_VERSION
mb> 2.6-beta9
mb> bjerknes% setopt autolist
mb> bjerknes% for i in a*; do
>> echo a<TAB>	# a tab correctly prints out the ambiguous files
mb> a1  a2  a3

mb> but in hzoli10.1:

mb> $ ~/bin/sparc/zsh-2.6h10.1 -f
mb> bjerknes% echo $ZSH_VERSION
mb> 2.6-beta10-hzoli10.1
mb> bjerknes% setopt autolist
mb> bjerknes% for i in a*; do

>> echo a<TAB>	# Huh? Another a keeps getting added, and no list is printed.

>> echo aa<TAB>

>> echo aaa<TAB>	# can go on indefinitely

>> echo aaaa

>> echo aaaaa

>> echo aaaaaa

mb> This also has patches from zefram (I forget what they do). I was just
mb> curious if the bug has infected your copy as well.
Or, can anyone verify whether vanilla beta 10 has the above bug?

Thanks,

  -mb-