problem with zsh

greetings,

i have downloaded and compiled the latest version of
zsh (2.5.03) on several machines. it is running fine
on four sgis ( with irix versions from 4 to 5 ).
unfortunately, i had serious problems running it on
a titan running 'TitanOS UNIX Release 4.2 P2 on 3000 Series'.
it compiled fine with bunch of warnings ( as i was warned of ).
the problem is that filename generation is acting very strangely.
problems:
1) when i first run zsh ( starting from a csh ), it changes
to the root directory.
2) when i try 'ls -d a*' in a directory which contains
the following files:
 ammar  run.1  run.2  temp
i get these messages:
amma: No such file or directory
amtables: No such file or directory
authority: No such file or directory

[ amtables -> .gamtables
  amma     -> .gamma
  authorithy -> .Xauthority, hidden files ]

can you please help me solve this problem ?

maybe a copy of the output from 'buildzsh auto' can be
useful:

#
# buildzsh -- zsh configuration tool
#
# try "buildzsh help" for more information
#

Building zsh 2.5.03

	determining host type...
	...looks like a titan

Building config.h...

	starting features probing...

	not using pure SYSV...
	not using termios...
	not using termio...
	using sgttyb...
	using <dirent.h>...
	using <unistd.h>...
	using <string.h>...
	using <memory.h>...
	not using <locale.h>...
	using <utmp.h>...
	using host field in utmp...
	using <sys/time.h>...
	using <sys/wait.h>...
	not using waitpid()...
	using select()...
	not using <sys/select.h>...
	using fifos...
	not using strftime()...
	not using tcsetpgrp()...
	not using tcgetattr() and friends...
	using setpgrp()...
	using sigblock()...
	not using RFS...
	using getrusage() and wait3()...
	not using NIS...
	not using username caching...
	using signal handlers returning int...
	using automatically reset signal handlers...
	not using sigset() to install said signal handlers...

	finished probing features...

	defining installation specifics...

	DEFTMPPREFIX is ""/tmp/zsh""...
	GLOBALZSHENV is ""/etc/zshenv""...
	GLOBALZSHRC is ""/etc/zshrc""...
	GLOBALZLOGIN is ""/etc/zlogin""...
	GLOBALZPROFILE is ""/etc/zprofile""...
	using "suspended" instead of "stopped"...
	DEFAULT_HISTSIZE is "30"...

	defined installation specifics...

Building signals.h...done

Building Makefile...

	CC is "cc -43"...
	checking whether make understands VPATH...
"???", line 1: ERROR: preprocessor error: no output file produced
*** Error code 2

	(make does not understand VPATH...)

	probing for Makefile...

	CFLAGS is "-O"...
	LD is "cc -43"...
	LDFLAGS is "-O"...
	LIBS is "-ltermcap"...
	Working out modules (*.{[hco],pro})...
	.c....
	.h....
	.pro....
	.o....

	probed for Makefile...

	...possible notes
	...special rules
	...general rules

You may want to look at the file(s) I just created:

	config.h
	signals.h
	Makefile

to make sure they are correct.	Or you may just want
to go ahead and try running make to see what happens.

Shall I execute "make" now?
In that case you will have to call the following yourself:

	make

n.b.: i am not subscrided.

sincerely,
Berk Geveci