Re: kill semantics.

Rob Hooft wrote:
> This seems to work from ZSH as well: "kill -0 PID" does the check
> fine.  But it is not documented. Which makes me think: is this system
> specific?

This should work on Unix systems.  But it is not related to zsh.  If one ports
zsh once to an other OS, it may stop working.  It is az well know way to
validate lock pid's used in other non-zsh scripts.  Zsh kill si just an
interface to kill(2), peopel should consult this manpage for details.

E.g. kill -sig -pgid works for killing process groups, kill -sig -1 kills all
processes.  Killing pid 0 kill the current process group.

Bye,

  Zoltan