cd .. with CDPATH

I've just discovered that if . is in your CDPATH, and is not the first
element, and you do `cd ..', it takes you to the directory that is the
parent of the first element of CDPATH (in my case as presumably with
many other people this is the parent of my home directory).

Presumably this has been happening for some time.  I consider it a
bug (as presumably would a lot of other shells, since they don't do
it).  Does anybody consider it a feature?

(Of course, what I *really* needed to do was move . to the front of my
CDPATH, but the behaviour still seems wrong.)

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxx>       Tel: +49 33762 77366
WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/       Fax: +49 33762 77330