Re: UGLY CRASHES UNDER ZSH 2.6 BETA 12

Hello,

On Wed, 28 Feb 1996 12:24:43 GMT, Zefram wrote:
> >I just experienced the following bug (zsh 2.6 beta 12 on NEXTSTEP 3.3):
> >[... details omitted ...]
>
> I can't reproduce this on SunOS 4.1.4, 2.6 beta 12 and beta 13.

Perhaps this will give someone a clue as to where the problem occurred:

(gdb) run
Starting program: /usr/local/bin/zsh
marathon% bvi foo
zsh: correct `bvi' to `vi' [nyae]? n
zsh: command not found: bvi
marathon% !!
Program generated(1): Memory access exception on address 0x10 (protection failure).
0x164c2 in clearalstack ()
(gdb) where
#0  0x164c2 in clearalstack ()
#1  0x1b1ba in lexrestore ()
#2  0x31cea in putpromptchar ()
#3  0x31b30 in putprompt ()
#4  0x29f96 in spckword ()
#5  0x1c408 in exalias ()
#6  0x1b21a in yylex ()
#7  0x21830 in parse_event ()
#8  0x17d90 in loop ()
#9  0x17cb4 in main ()
(gdb) quit

Then we can find out why it didn't occur under SunOS, and if can potentially
occur under other operating sytems.

My time is very limited -- can anyone who has a little extra time on their
hands *please* look into this?

- Eskandar

Eskandar Ensafi                              Object-Oriented Software Engineer
University of California, Los Angeles
Department of Biomathematics              esky@xxxxxxxxxxx (ASCII, MIME, NeXT)
School of Medicine                  http://www.cs.ucla.edu/csd-lanai/fweb/esky