Re: Wierd problem with functions on Solaris 2.4

> I'm not quite certain what happened, so I'm referring this question here to
> see if anyone might know the reason for this strange occurance.
>
> I am using zsh 2.6beta13 on Solaris 2.4, on a Sparc IPC.
>
> I handed zsh the following function:
>
> list() { ps -aux | grep $1 | grep -v grep ; }
>
> and when I attempted to run it, my drive started getting accessed like crazy
> and I was unable to get the machine to respond to any keystrokes or mouse
> clicks, even though I was able to move the pointer around (was in OpenWindows).

I have a psgrep alias which I've been using on Solaris 2.4 regularily for
nearly a yer now.  I always use the most recent beta with my patches and I
never had any problems.  Here is the function I use:

psgrep  () {
	ps auwwx | egrep "(${*:-.})|^USER  " |
	egrep -v 'ps auwwx$|egrep .*\|.USER' | more
}

/usr/ucb is before /usr/bin and /bin in my path.

Bye,

Zoltan