Re: Wrong Exit Codes?

esky@xxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> Is this a bug or a feature (I would call it a bug, unless there is an
> option to turn this behavior off):
>
> If the previous command causes an error, then typing "exit" will exit
> zsh (2.6 beta14) with the previous command's non-zero exit code.

This is what the manual says it does.  It's also what the sh manual
says.  It seems to be standard behaviour.  Even the csh manual page
claims it does the same thing, except it actually doesn't (at least
not here).

  exit [ n ]
       Exit the shell with the exit code specified by n; if
       none is specified, use the exit code from the last
       command executed.  An EOF condition will also cause the
       shell to exit, unless the IGNOREEOF option is set.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxx>       Tel: +49 33762 77366
WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/       Fax: +49 33762 77330