Re: zsh-2.6-beta14 on AIX with login shell problem

>     Jos> Fyi, as of beta14 configure still finds '-ltermcap' instead
>     Jos> of '-lcurses' on AIX. You can try relinking with curses and
>     Jos> see if that helps...
>
> Aha!  That did it!  It seems that when zsh uses -lcurses it works
> correctly.  Maybe the 'configure.in' file should be changed to prefer
> SysV curses library over the BSD termcap library.  Hint,
> hint.. Richard how do you feel about making this change?

I'll have to check that on a couple of machines around here and
see what happens.  My guess is that this change will fix AIX but
screw up some other architectures.  It's a no-win situation.
I'll probably have to add some more architecture dependent checks.

rc