Re: Zsh "POSTPROMPT" Feature

In your mail, you said:
> Well, if you just want to keep track of your current directory in your
> title bar, there's no need to patch zsh...For a start it's a little more
> efficient to only change your xterm title when you need to - ie. when you
[...]

Furthermore, I do not see why precmd couldn't be used. Admittedly, it is run
*before* prompt, instead of after, but in case of a simple cd command, I
fail to see the difference (the title will be changed before the next
command, which is quite the same as being changed after the current one).

> change directory - this can be done with the "chpwd" function, like so :

In case of directory title in an xterm, this is the most efficient solution.

--
hniksic@xxxxxxx              |  Student of electrical engineering
hniksic@xxxxxxxxxxxxx        |  University of Zagreb, Croatia