Re: execcmd() reordering

> >2) Now `nocorrect' must appear before any of the above.
>
> Why?

Because nocorrect must be handled in parse.c.  It cannot be moved into
exec.c since exec.c deals with parsed commands and nocorrect affects
parsing.

> There's a flag (-k, I think) which will allow the bourne shell to take
> variable assignments at any point of the command - does this work?

No.

> >magic_equal_subst is fairly sparing about when to expand:  it insists
> >on the text before the = consisting only of characters which appear in
> >identifiers, something I wrote but now rather regret.
>
> Is this the stuff we argued about years ago?  I'm all for a change here.

I like the present behaviour of magic_equal_subst.  Could you tell me an
example when a less restrictive behaviour is desirable?

> >6) globbing is expanded before the fork.
>
> I don't like this at all.
>
> >Other than getting the
> >prompt back an iota later when running background commands, I don't
> >see this is a big deal.
>
> When you've got a *huge* expansion which is 50% of the run-time
> of the command, I'd like to be able to get on with other things.

You can use (foo **/*) &

Zoltan