Re: zsh.texi

On Mon, 10 Jun 1996, Zoltan Hidvegi wrote:

> > For several weeks now, I've been hacking/modifying/updating the texinfo
> > source (zsh.texi) to reflect the changes made since it was last updated
> > (about 25 years ago ;-), and now have it finished.
> >
> > Anyway, to cut a long story short, the diff is larger than the new
> > file so it would be pretty stupid mailing that.
> >
> > The updated zsh.texi is 65k gzip'd.
> > Am I going to get flamed for posting it to the list - should I just mail
> > it to Zoltan ?????
>
> Mark Borges <mdb@xxxxxxxxxxxx> is also working on the documentation.
> Please contact him.

Mark has already contacted me. :-)

> If anyone wants to start a big work like that it is better to
> tell his plans on the zsh-workers list to avoid duplicate work.

Well, the truth is that when I started working on it, I had no idea I
would ever finish it.  Whilst I appreciate that it may have saved
duplication of effort, had I announced my intention I would have felt
committed to coming up with the goods.  Without going into detail, my
personal circumstances are such at the moment that I am unable to commit
myself to any project no matter how big or small.  Anyway, Mark has mailed
me so I'll let him take a look at what I've done and see if he has
anything to add/change and we'll take it from there.

Clive
--
C Messer. Epos Systems. UK.  |
<clive@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     |   "I pressed her thigh and death smiled."