Re: zsh.texi

On Jun 13,  2:49pm, Clive Messer wrote:
} Subject: Re: zsh.texi
}
} > -C controls completion when there is no current command, in other words
} > when the command word itself is being completed. Without this command,
}
} This is a direct copy of zshcompctl.man.
} Perhaps it needs to be clarified in the man page.
}
} > If the + flag is alone and followed immediately by the command list, the
}
} Again, this is a direct copy of the man page.
}
} > As a general remark, this sort of documentation should avoid talking
} > about how a given operation is accomplished (e.g., above, dump the "by
} > deleting the command from the list ... handled specially") and just
} > state what the end result is.  Only discuss how something works if
} > that's important for using the feature correctly; and even then, *first*
} > concisely describe the end result, and *then* elaborate how it comes to
} > pass.
}
} I did not set out to re-write the man pages, just port them to texinfo.

Aha.  I haven't read through all the new man pages.  Well, then, whoever
is maintaining the manual pages should consider the above as commentary
on those, and it should get fixed in *both* places. ;->

--
Bart Schaefer                             Brass Lantern Enterprises
http://www.well.com/user/barts            http://www.nbn.com/people/lantern

New male in /home/schaefer: