Re: Runaway Shell (bug>)

gene@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hi:
>
>    I have the following in beta 21 on hpux 2/700 9.01. If I (mis)type the
> following silly line, I get an untinterruptable runway shell.
>
> ps -eaf | gre[ foo

Nasty.  With NO_BAD_PATTERN, exec.c around line 1177 is repeatedly
globbing the same line because it is always returned containing
tokens.  Any problem with the having NOBADPATTERN untokenize at that
point?  As globbing is the last operation, I can't see any.

The non-interruptibility is a different bug, but that's now traditional.

*** Src/glob.c.bad	Tue Jun 18 20:09:22 1996
--- Src/glob.c	Fri Jun 21 10:54:22 1996
***************
*** 516,521 ****
--- 516,522 ----
      q = parsepat(str);
      if (!q || errflag) {	/* if parsing failed */
  	if (isset(NOBADPATTERN)) {
+ 	    untokenize(ostr);
  	    insertlinknode(list, node, ostr);
  	    return;

Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxx>       Tel: +49 33762 77366
WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/       Fax: +49 33762 77330
Deutches Electronen-Synchrotron --- Institut fuer Hochenergiephysik Zeuthen
DESY-IfH, 15735 Zeuthen, Germany.