Re: zsh.texi commentary (actually, HTML pages commentary)

>> On Fri, 21 Jun 1996 13:30:30 +0100 (BST),
>> Clive Messer(CM) wrote:

CM> On Fri, 21 Jun 1996, Bart Schaefer wrote:
>> On Jun 20,  3:03pm, Mark Borges wrote:
>> } Subject: Re: zsh-2.6-beta21 released
>> }
>> } I've applied this patch and re-generated the html files via
>> } texi2html-1.50. The URL is still
>> }
>> } 	http://www.mal.com/zsh/Doc/test/
>> }
>> } where zsh.texi.gz is version 2.03.
>>
>> I think maybe it should be clearer in the documents that 2.03 is the
>> version number of the document and not the version of zsh to which it
>> refers.  `Edition 2.0.3' on the TOC page is confusing.

>> Spell checking still hasn't happened ... "defauly"?

CM> That particular mistake was corrected in 2.0.1, is not in 2.0.2
CM> (in the beta21 dist), so I've no idea why that should still be
CM> there if Mark has updated his HTML from 2.0.3. Mark ?

It's not in my 2.0.2, either. I had to extract the patch to go from
2.0.2 to 2.0.3 with a MIME extraction tool I've never used
before, and it was late at night. Apparently I screwed up. My
apologies.

Anyway, I went back and re-did it (to get to 2.0.4) and these
particular problems are fixed now:

            $ grep defauly *.html
            $ grep anexternal *.html

Maybe the coffee helps ;-). The latest version (2.0.4) is now up at

	http://www.mal.com/zsh/Doc/test/

where zsh.texi.gz is version 2.03.

>> Shell Grammar section:

>> Spell checking again ... "anexternal" --> "an external".

CM> Again, Mark needs to update/fix HTML ????

Ditto.

>> Further, the whole section could benefit from some vertical white space
>> between defined terms.  Looks like it's there in the source but gets
>> squashed out when displayed.  I suppose its a texi2html problem (some
>> strategic <br> need to be output).

CM> Yes, the info and printed tex are formatted correctly, so I guess the
CM> problem is with texi2html.

Nuts. I'd heard that texi2html did a very good job with the
conversion. But apparently it has flaws, too. I'll try to look over
the texi2html source and see what can be done.

>> texi2html is still having problems with pairs of single quotes (''),
>> rendering that as a double quote (").

CM> Having just d/l'd texi2html, the solution to this one would seem to be to
CM> run it with the '-expandinfo' option.

Thanks, I've done that with this version.

--
  -mb-