Re: Use of qualifiers without glob pattern?

On Jun 26,  1:02pm, Zoltan Hidvegi wrote:
} Subject: Re: Use of qualifiers without glob pattern?
}
} > the problem is, $i(:r) gives the same as $i!!!
}
} Yes, it stopped working in beta20.  Here is the fix.

Gosh, guys, this is pretty basic stuff to have suddenly stop working.
This is why I get nervous every time a big patch like the metafication
stuff gets put in.

Maybe it's time to put together some kind of regression-test script
that can be run before each new release, to at least have some kind of
confidence that new bugs haven't been introduced?

It's probably impossible to test zle and completion from a script, which
is too bad because of the number of completion bugs that showed up in
the last few betas.  (Hopefully those have all been caught by now, but
who knows what's lurking in the esoterica ...)  However, it should at
least be possible to check globbing and substitutions and redirection,
aliasing and functions and so on.

Speaking of big patches and breaking things that have been working for
a long time, it's now been more than a year since RC said he was going
to stop accepting major changes and stabilize zsh to get an official
(not beta) release put out.  No indictment of anyone intended -- I know
zsh takes a back seat to the real world, which is among the reasons why
RC handed the archive over to Zoltan; and some of the recent changes
have fixed some really annoying long-standing bugs -- but do we have
any idea when a true release can finally happen?

--
Bart Schaefer                             Brass Lantern Enterprises
http://www.well.com/user/barts            http://www.nbn.com/people/lantern

New male in /home/schaefer: