Re: zsh-3.0-pre1 released

:Zefram writes:
:> "depreciate" and "deprecate" are both valid English words.  They have
:> completely different meanings, and the appropriate one here is
:> "deprecate".
:The words are different, but not "completely" different (in my dictionary
:one of the definitions for deprecate says "To belittle; depreciate").

:However, I have never heard of deprecate being used in the cited context,
:while I have heard depreciate used many times in similar circumstances.
:I believe that depreciate is the better choice.

Don't want to turn this list into a language debate but deprecate is the
desired meaning and I come across it used this way quite a lot in the
computer world.  And in my interpretation they mean completely different
things here.

BTW, I only had the "cd BUG in doshfunc" bug (which Zoltan's sent a patch
for) show with chpwd() set to do something.
--
Mason [G.C.W]  mason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    "Hurt...Agony...Pain...LOVE-IT"