Re: zsh-3.0-pre1 released

On Fri, 28 Jun 1996, Zefram wrote:

> >It's not me who made this change.  This comes from Clive's texinfo
> >documentation.  ispell says that depreciate is correct.  I assume it has
> >the same meaning as deprecate.  I do not know enough about English to
> >decide which is better.
>
> "depreciate" and "deprecate" are both valid English words.  They have
> completely different meanings, and the appropriate one here is
> "deprecate".

Yikes. I'm sorry. ;-)

(And you thought I was kidding when I asked if American Engish or British
English was to be preferred. :-)

Anyway, my 'working' copy of zsh.texi has changed much since the version
you are looking at (including many more spelling fixes) but currently has
too many tags and FIXME's for a patch to be posted right now, having taken
on board many of Bart's comments.
I have a couple of days before 3.0 is released ?

Clive.
--
C Messer. Epos Systems. UK.  |
<clive@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>     |   "I pressed her thigh and death smiled."