Re: Tag functions with shell options?

> Right; it doesn't seem that Anthony has given us enough context.  Do
> the functions get defined and then executed all within /etc/profile,
> for example?  Or do they act as wrappers around actual applications,
> so they don't run until you execute them "manually"?  (Sounds like the
> latter, but ...)

Yes, the latter. The lack of context was sort-of deliberate, since I
suspected any interest would be in the wider picture, rather than my
particular petty problems.  It seemed simply an example of something
it would be nice to support elegantly.

> it seems to me that a much simpler implementation of sws_fn is:
[wrapping the function, and then aliasing the wrapper to the original]

> The only drawback to this is that other functions that may already have
> been defined won't see the alias -- but presumably those functions will
> themselves be given the sws_fn treatment, so it's moot.

Hmm. Don't understand the first point, but I'll experiment.

Thanks

Anthony