Re: CONTRIBUTORS file again

hzoli@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
> I recently asked your opininions about the CONTRIBUTORS file but noone
> replied.  Does that means that noone is concerned about that and everyone
> is satisfied with the present situation?

I think that means no-one's too worried.  At the least, if you're
planning on doing something different for the new version, it doesn't
seem unreasonable just to leave everyone else's name in a simple list
where they've always been.  I don't think you're morally obliged to
dig back before the last full public release; maybe others have a more
developed morality.  (After all, the fact the new version is called
3.0 rather than 2.7 is largely due to the recent work of Richard,
Zoltan, Zefram etc.)  Of course, I certainly don't think any of the
earlier contributors should be deleted; I'm sure the contributors list
isn't growing any faster than the shell itself :-/.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxx>       Tel: +49 33762 77366
WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/       Fax: +49 33762 77330