Re: Remaining zsh3.0-pre2 bugs

On Jul 11,  2:16pm, Zoltan Hidvegi wrote:
} Subject: Re: Remaining zsh3.0-pre2 bugs
}
} But the line should not be restored since
}
} % echo '*'<TAB>
}
} should give
}
} % echo \*
}
} and not
}
} % echo *

When I say "restored", I mean *restored*.  What it gives after my patch is

% echo '*'

Not * or \*.  (Actually, I'm fibbing.  With "'*'" it would give "\\*"
because there's no embedded newline.  With "'*\n'" it gives "'*\n'".
Which is exactly what it gave before my patch, in the case where the
completion fails.)

} I do not line you alternative solution as well which executes
} push-line-or-edit because it is probably not very convinient for those
} using single_line_zle.

Well, that could be easily caught, too, and calling pushlineoredit could
be skipped in all cases if wb >= chl.  (For confused zsh-workers, I sent
one more patch only to Zoltan, which would automatically pushlineoredit
when completion may have modified something across an embedded newline.)

However, you're right that it's not that big a deal.  Could we at least
put a `feep();' before `return;' inside the `if (wb < 0 || ...)' so that
it doesn't seem that zsh is sitting there doing nothing?

--
Bart Schaefer                             Brass Lantern Enterprises
http://www.well.com/user/barts            http://www.nbn.com/people/lantern

New male in /home/schaefer: