Re: ZLE scrolly bugfix

Zefram wrote:
:If the cursor gets onto the last line of the screen and there's
:more text off the bottom of the screen, it's possible to have the
:cursor over the <.... marker when it's really in the text hidden
:under that.  Also, the cursor doesn't go onto the last position on
:the screen properly on a terminal that moves the cursor onto the
:next line as soon as something is written to the last column.
:I fix both of these problems by having refresh() avoid putting
:the cursor on the last line if possible.  If there's no more text,
:obviously, it can't avoid putting the cursor there, but then it's
:not a problem.

Yep, these are bugs.  However the patch doesn't fix these properly.
In  nextline, if  nvln == winh - 1 (or --ln as you put it), then
you would still need to scroll one line and adjust nvln.
I'll look at this (after I get some sleep).
I was thinking about breaking up scrollwindow() into scroll a single
line and scroll a half screen.

And for Zoltan and others who want to use zed to edit their stuff
and want half window scrolls, chuck "local BAUD=2400" at the top
somewhere.  Other refresh styles will have to wait till after zsh 3.0
--
Mason [G.C.W]  mason@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx    "Hurt...Agony...Pain...LOVE-IT"