DEC Unix 3.2d / 3.0pre6

Sorry again, I'm still not a member of the workers list.

In Etc/MACHINES:

        In OSF/1 3.0, there is apparently a bug in the header file
        /usr/include/rpcsvc/ypclnt.h; the prototype for yp_all() has a
        struct ypall_callback as its final argument, which should be a
        pointer (struct ypall_callback *).

This problem seems to persist in Digital Unix 3.2d, but is gone in 4.0.

On DEC Unix 4.0:

   gcc -c -I.. -I. -I.  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H -Wall -Wno-implicit -Wmissing-prototypes -O2 -DDEBUG builtin.c
   In file included from zsh.h:1362,
                    from builtin.c:32:
   prototypes.h:106: conflicting types for `ioctl'
   /nu1/hooft/lib/gcc-lib/alpha-dec-osf4.0/2.7.2.f.1/include/sys/ioctl.h:72: previous declaration of `ioctl'

So it seems under DU4.0 even gcc doesn't need the ioctl prototype in
prototypes.h.  Removing the section at lines 104--110 in prototypes.h
creates a working binary. I'm not sure how to detect this situation,
so I'm in no position to generate a patch.

P.S.: is the "-DDEBUG" supposed to be there by default?

Regards,
--
=== Rob.Hooft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx   http://www.Sander.EMBL-Heidelberg.DE/rob/ ==
==== In need of protein modeling?  http://www.Sander.EMBL-Heidelberg.DE/whatif/