Re: zsh: future and loadable modules

According to Richard Coleman:
> before everyone starts rejoicing at this idea, realize it is non-trivial
> and will require work, and will greatly complicate parts of the code.

It needn't be too hard.  Consider fvwm2 and Perl; both use loadable
modules to excellent effect.  In particular, Perl's extension system
is easy to use and very powerful.

That said, I would consider it important to put all /bin/sh behavior
in the base executable.  Otherwise you could end up with a seriously
broken system and no way to recover.

> Also, I wanted to say I think zsh has made great progress over the last
> couple of years.  Thanks to all who worked on it.

Ditto.
--
Chip Salzenberg             - a.k.a. -             <chip@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
    "I wanted to play hopscotch with the impenetrable mystery of