Re: Is this a bug in globbing

Hello,

> I used a statement 'ls ...' with the pattern 'rc?.d/*[A-Z]'
> and got lots of names with 'small' characters at the end !

> It seems so far as if it happenes ONLY IF 'numericglobsort' is set!

> Do I overlook something ? Or is that a bug ?

> It seems (tested with different [_-_] margins) that
> in the set of characters 'case' is ignored ?

> This happened on Solaris 2.4, the zsh is Version 3.0.0
> default-(automatic)-configured, compiled with gcc.

After automatic configure,
there are one or two lines "#define HAVE_STRCOLL 1" in config.h.

If you comment out these lines, probably the problem may be solved.

//

Some OS use strcasecmp in strcoll,
in case of absence of locale data used by strcoll().

I am using FreeBSD, it uses strcasecmp in strcoll(). :-)

					yamagata