Re: zsh-3.1.1 on NetBSD patch & problems

Vinnie Shelton wrote:
>Is that some kind of joke?  Does the phrase "backward compatibility" mean
>anything to you?  Can we all agree a permanent moratorium on breaking
>old code/scripts/login environments?

compctl is purely an interactive feature, so only the very freakiest
scripts could possibly be affected by this.  Also, all the commands
that had default compctls also have compctls set up in the example
compctl list distributed with zsh -- in some cases, these are actually
better compctls than the default.

I think that since backward compatibility is not a significant issue in
this case, it is wise to use the cleaner behaviour, of no default
compctls.

-zefram