Re: zle_refresh patch 2

On Mar 5,  3:56pm,  (Zoltan T. Hidvegi) wrote:
} Subject: Re: zle_refresh patch 2
}
} Bart Schaefer wrote:
} > On Feb 3,  9:55pm, gwing@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
} > } Subject: zle_refresh patch 2
} > }
} > } It fixes coredumps and bad displays when terms are 1 or 2 lines.
} > } When a terminal is 1 or 2 lines high, the terminal will act as if
} > } SINGLE_LINE_ZLE is set.  This avoids many problems with the status line.
} >
} > There's already code that causes SINGLE_LINE_ZLE to become set if the
} > terminal starts out at, or is shrunk to, 1 line high or 1 column wide.
}
} I'm not exactly sure that it is a good idea to explicitely set
} SINGLELINEZLE when the terminal shrinks to one or two lines.

Yes; I already agreed about that in response to a posting from Geoff on
Feb. 3.  The code is as it is now (and I changed it as I did in that
patch) because I didn't know about the meaning of "termok".  It would
be possible to replace all the fudging of SINGLELINEZLE and ZLE with
changes to "termok" -- at least, I think that's what PWS said at some
point.

} An other problem with Geoff's patch (whics is not a new problem, just this
} patch brought it up.  tsetcap only works in multiline mode, as it simply
} assumes that in single line mode termcap escapes are not available.  This
} means that some prompt escapes do not work in single line mode, which is
} especially annoying in print -P commands.  There should be a separate flag

I think "termok" is the right thing for that, too, but Peter or Geoff
should confirm.

} I'd really like to release zsh-3.0.3 ASAP, but these problems should be
} solved first.

I believe Geoff also said that there were some changes he needed to make
for very narrow terminals as well as very short ones.  Geoff?

--
Bart Schaefer                             Brass Lantern Enterprises
http://www.well.com/user/barts            http://www.nbn.com/people/lantern