Re: unique partial completion

On Jun 2,  8:40am, Anthony Iano-Fletcher wrote:
} Subject: Re: unique partial completion
}
} > Just add unset LIST_AMBIGUOUS into your .zshrc.
}
} Thanks, that seems to work for me. :-)
}
} So far we have had 3 people who believe that the new default behaviour is
} not entirely obvious. Why was this considered to make zsh more friendly?

I don't think the problem is with listambiguous, I think it's with listbeep.
I'm not sure, as I don't have 3.1.x compiled ... is listbeep no longer a
default setting?  Or is it broken?

} Is there a way of seeing all the options set?

setopt kshoptionprint.  I started doing that long ago; there probably ought
to be a command-line switch for setopt to turn it on just for one pass.

As long as I'm on the subject, there also ought to be a switch to list all
the options in "positive" form, e.g. so you get

listambiguous off

instead of

nolistambiguous on

http://www.well.com/user/barts        http://www.nbn.com/people/lantern