odd zsh path problem.

I'm sending this to workers, but it might should go to users... sorry if
this is wrong...

I don't know what the problem is, and it's probably something stupid on my
part, but sometimes in zsh, particularly after I've just created a file of
some kind or another, I can't execute it.

For example:  today I'm about to build bsd-games on solaris.  (I want a
fortune program... )

> gtar -xzf bsd-games-1.5.tar.gz
> cd bsd-games-1.5
> ./configure
zsh: no such file or directory: ./configure
-rwx------   1 jprice   staff      11217 Jul 15 12:14 configure*
-rwx------   1 jprice   staff      11217 Jul 15 12:14 /home/jprice/bsd-games-1.5/configure*
> pwd
/home/jprice/bsd-games-1.5

I'm really confused by this.  This also sometimes happens when I create a
file for a shell script, then chmod 7?? it, and try to run it.

This has happened on solaris boxes.  Specificaly 2.5.1.

My .zshenv:

export X11HOME=/usr/openwin/bin

export TERM=vt100
term=vt100

path=( ~ . ~/bin )
path=( $path / /sbin /bin /usr/sbin /usr/bin /usr/local/bin /usr/local/sbin)
path=( $path /usr/ccs/bin /usr/ccs/lib )
path=( $path /usr/openwin/bin /usr/dt/bin /usr/bin/X11)
path=( $path /opt/GCC2721/bin )
path=( $path /opt/SUNWspro/bin )
path=( $path /usr/ucb )

manpath=( $X11HOME/man /usr/local/man /usr/lang/man /usr/man $HOME/man )
manpath=( $manpath /opt/SUNWspro/man )

My .zlogin

stty dec cr0 -tabs
ttyctl -f  # freeze the terminal modes... can't change without a ttyctl -u
mesg y
uptime
echo

echo
log
echo
nfrm
echo

my .zshrc:  (omitting aliases)

# search path for the cd command
cdpath=(. .. ~ ~/src)

# where to look for function definitions
fpath=(~/.zfunc)

# use hard limits, except for a smaller stack and no core dumps
unlimit
limit stack 8192
limit core 0
limit -s

umask 077

# shell functions
setenv() { export $1=$2 }  # csh compatibility

# bigger shell functions to autoload
autoload zed
autoload run-help

# set prompts
PROMPT='%@ %B%m%b
->'
RPROMPT=' %~'     # prompt for right side of screen

setopt   append_history autocd autolist autopushd autoresume cdablevars clobber
setopt   correct correctall extendedglob globdots histignoredups longlistjobs
setopt   mailwarning pushdminus pushdsilent pushdtohome rcquotes recexact
setopt   menucomplete
unsetopt bgnice

bindkey -v       # vi key bindings

--
     Jason Price    |     If you want to build a ship, don't drum up people
      Theta Xi,     |   together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks