Re: PATCH: 3.1.2-zefram3: history completion

Bruce Stephens wrote:
>Indeed.  There's a (minimal) danger that things split (like emacs/xemacs),
>with some people feeling that the base installation ought to be relatively
>small but very configurable, and others feeling that the default installation
>ought to present users with a more functionally rich product.

There's nothing stopping us doing both -- have a small(ish), highly
configurable base, and have it OOTB be configured to be functionally rich.
We already do this to some extent, for example having several useful
options enabled by default.

>                       Maybe a graphical/menu driven configuration tool for
>newish users which helps to set up template .zsh* files.

Putting more useful configuration into the startup files in the
distribution might help too.

-zefram