Re: Two Flavors of ZSH ?

Eskandar Ensafi wrote:
>I recall that around the time that I was still involved (ZSH 2.6
>was the official release and talk about ZSH 3.0 had just started),
>there were two flavors of ZSH: the official distribution and the
>Zefram-patched distribution.

That would be the Zoltan-patched distribution.  When Zoltan took over,
his patches went into the baseline.

>After I rejoined this mailing list, I noticed a zsh-3.1.2-zefram3
>patch.  Does this mean that we have more than one flavor of ZSH in
>the world?

That's a very recent development.  Zoltan's too busy to make releases
at the moment, so I made an unofficial release with current patches,
in order to provide a base for further development.  This shouldn't be
a significant branch, but we're still waiting for Zoltan.

-zefram