Re: Completion on cd

Oliver Kiddle wrote:
> > You would be probably better off by using -D flag. It allows you to
> > override it on per-command/per-argument basis and still be applied in
> > default case. In most cases it should be the same as you have, with
> > exception that -/ will work :-)
>
> I don't think that the -D flag would be better. I would then have to
> program the alternative '~' expansion in for every command. Also, the -T
> flags operates when completing the command itself if I run a command in
> a user's directory.

Remember you can stick '+' at the end of a completion to use the
default as a default.  You could also try the patch I posted recently
for binding specific completions (find it at http://www.peak.org/zsh/ ,
it's called something like 'completion widgets' and should apply
cleanly to zsh-e.1.2-zefram3).  Then you do

zle -C alternative-tilde-expansion <completion options here>
bindkey "<key sequence>" alternative-tilde-expansion

and use the special key sequence.  This is probably the only way of
getting the level of control you want.

> The following does not work as I would expect:
> compctl -x 's[file:/]' -/g '*.html' -W '/' -- lynx

Either you have different expectations or a different version of the
shell from me.  Try with zsh -f again.  However, I don't understand
where you're expecting the second / to come from, since -W will strip
it --- it's for an implicit path, i.e. one which doesn't appear on the
command line.  I would simply omit the -W and type the second / by
hand or use some other compctl option to get it inserted if you
insist, or alternatively change the omitted prefix to 's[file://]'.
In fact, you shouldn't need to do even that since of course
'//users/...' is recognised as a path, and -W doesn't strip more than
you've asked it to.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxx>       Tel: +39 50 911239
WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/