Re: ideas

Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxx> typed:
:Bernd Eggink wrote:
:> > You could just use $i(:s/foo/bar).
:> Great! I, too, was wondering why there isn't such a thing. Now I wonder
:> if this feature is considered top secret. I can't find anything about it
:> in the docu.
:I've been waiting and waiting for someone to point out that
:${i:s/foo/bar/} does work (and has worked for years and years), you
:just need the final / (though I'm working on that, too), but no-one
:has.  I can't believe no-one else knew?

We just didn't want to add noise to the discussion.  I've always used
${i:s/foo/bar/} and didn't really know about $i(:s/foo/bar) until this
discussion.  But finding out $i(:....) is good too, not that I'll ever use
it since I've been typing ${i:...} for years.  See, now you've just got
more noise on the list :-)
--
Geoff Wing   <gcw@xxxxxxxxx>            Mobile : blown up, in for repairs
Work URL: http://www.primenet.com.au/   Ego URL: http://pobox.com/~gcw/