Pipeline process wait bug in 3.0.5

I have this little function:

isset () {
        setopt | grep -i $(echo $1 | tr -d _)
}

This is so I can type e.g.

zsh% isset auto_cd
autocd                on

However, a bit less than half the time, running this function produces

zsh% isset autocd
zsh% autocd                on

(with the cursor now at the beginning of the next line).  I can't be sure,
of course, but it seems to me this must be a problem with zsh failing to
wait for the entire pipeline to complete before it prints the next prompt.