Re: 3.1.3 - config.status file generation problems...

zefram wrote:
>It looks as if the shell you used to run the configure script has
>translated '\\' to '\' within single quotes, which is well out of order.
>Alternatively your ed has done the equivalent, which is also wrong.

On second thoughts, scratch that.  It's almost certainly echo that's
translating '\\' to '\'.  So the advice is, don't configure 3.1.3 with
a SysV sh.  zsh and bash will both work as intended (if invoked as sh).

Temporary fix: in the ed input in configure.in, change each '\' to '#',
and change ') | ed' to ') | sed s/\#/\\\\/g | ed'.  I'll produce a proper
patch when I have a chance to analyse it more thoroughly.

-zefram