Re: zsh vs. ksh coproc redirection semantics

Bart Schaefer wrote:
>(Is anybody on zsh-workers reading this?  Zefram, Zoltan, Peter?)

Yes.  My current plan is to ignore the debate, and go for the full-on
zsh solution: by default, >&p and <&p act as if p were a normal file
descriptor referring to the appropriate pipe, as zsh does now; at the
drop of an option, we do whatever ksh does, if it's different.

Can someone who knows one end of a pipe from the other please experiment
with ksh and definitively state what it does?  I'd like information on
pdksh, ksh88 and ksh93.  If only one of them has behaviour inconsistent
with zsh then it's probably a bug and therefore not worth emulating.

-zefram