Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
PATCH: more dynamic loading on AIX
- X-seq: zsh-workers 3954
- From: pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: PATCH: more dynamic loading on AIX
- Date: Fri, 08 May 98 13:59:52 +0100
- In-reply-to: "hzoli@xxxxxxxxxx"'s message of "Wed, 06 May 98 01:46:14 EST." <199805060646.BAA02655@xxxxxxxxxx>
> The patch below implements dynamic loading on AIX.
This is a good thing to have. I tried it, and encountered the
1) module.c was trying to include <link.h>. This doesn't exist here
under AIX 3.2, nor does it seem to be there on a 4.1 system at the
other end of Europe. If it's sometimes necessary, it should probably
be tested for in configure.
2) AIXDYNAMIC was missing from config.h.in and so didn't appear in
config.h. I am correct that config.h.in needs to be updated by hand,
not by autoconf?
3) I made comp1 and zle builtin, mainly as an act of cowardice after
my experience with IRIX, but even so loading compctl or deltochar
causes a core dump. As far as I can see, it seems to be happening
when trying to call init_module(), which is special for the AIX
version. Recompiling with compctl also builtin seems to work.
On the other hand, the remaining libraries (stat, file, ...) work fine
dynamically. Any ideas?
Here's the simplest possible patch for the first two.
*** Src/module.c.aix Fri May 8 11:53:19 1998
--- Src/module.c Fri May 8 11:53:38 1998
*** 204,210 ****
# include <sys/types.h>
# include <nlist.h>
- # include <link.h>
# define dlclose(X) ((X), 0)
--- 204,209 ----
*** config.h.in.aix Fri May 8 11:53:11 1998
--- config.h.in Fri May 8 11:53:21 1998
*** 256,261 ****
--- 256,264 ----
/* Define to 1 if you want to use dynamically loaded modules */
+ /* Define to 1 if you want to use dynamically loaded modules on AIX */
+ #undef AIXDYNAMIC
/* Define if you have the cap_init function. */
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> Tel: +39 50 844536
Gruppo Teorico, Dipartimento di Fisica
Piazza Torricelli 2, 56100 Pisa, Italy
Messages sorted by: