Re: PATCH: 3.1.5 - (Sven) Case-insensitive globbing

Jarkko Hietaniemi wrote:
>That's not an actual problem.  I have no problems releasing it almost
>under any free-ish license EXCEPT the GPL.  I don't like that one.

That's OK then.  Obviously, for code to go into the zsh distribution,
it would be most preferable for it to be released under the existing
zsh license.

>I would say the proposed case-blind option is very much fiddling with
>the semantics of the filesystem.

No, that's an additional option in glob patterns.  Doesn't affect the
apparent behaviour of the filesystem at all.  It only affects pattern
matching, and then only when one explicitly requests it (with (#i)).
One can already get multiple-directory globbing by writing a glob pattern
like (foo|bar)/baz.

-zefram