Re: typeahead problem

Andrej Borsenkow wrote:

> As to why it is taken for "no" - imagine, you typed something _before_
> read -q, and that was not completely consumed - you definitely does not want
> some leftover "y" to remove your valuable files :) so it tries to play safe.

But of course the prompt could as well have been "Do you want to keep
the file?"! IMHO it would be safer to discard all previously typed
characters before querying.

> The only thing I don't understand, why it works on my system ...

You're lucky. I don't understand a LOT of things! ;)

> The ultimate place to correct it is bin_read(); call
> getquery with last argument 1.

Yeah, that fixes it! Thanks!
Hm, is there any reason to call getquery(x, 0) at all?

Bernd

--
Bernd Eggink
Regionales Rechenzentrum der Uni Hamburg